Tuesday, January 20, 2009

old and new

this weekend was a time for escape.Saturday I received a random phone call at midnight to come to an old college friends party.we had actually attended the same high school but i was generally oblivious to people and not at all social back then.so i got picked up at 1 am by a 'rescue van' comprised of my friend Bryan,Julio and two new girls.These girls impressed me as the kind of people id like to be around as they were intelligent and composed but still knew how to enjoy themselves.I spent the night at a place my friends were house sitting which i guess is not as strange as it sounds..? Sunday I decided a bit spur of the moment to heed a facebook invite and check out Libation in the lower east side.I loved that place,very mature crowd and i liked how everyone dressed including the men.The common pick up line however seemed to be "I like your outfit" which I'm still not used to hearing from men.all in all a good weekend though next time I'll definitely go with my girlfriends instead of trying out the dating thing.i was feeling reboundish but no one compares, so i quit. PS:men..sometimes a girl just wants to dance ALONE.

1 comment:

Kita St. Cyr said...

Libation might be the best name of any club ever.